TAMPA - Here's what you need to know if you're attending a Tampa Bay Rays game at Tropicana Field this season. If you have a question that's not answered here, or want game-day traffic, follow @TampaBayTraffic.
- I-275 offers the most direct route north and southbound. In general, traffic gets heavy near the downtown St. Petersburg exits for the weekday evening games.
- Afternoon games don't usually clog up the interstate (with the exception, possibly, of the home opener).
- Here's an interactive map that you can use to plan your trip to Tropicana Field. The map includes information on directions, gate access, parking areas, overflow parking in downtown St. Pete, and the baseball shuttle routes and stops.
Parking Options- Near Tropicana Field:
- Purchase parking in advance and don't worry about find a spot at this link
- Tropicana Field's main lots charge $15-30 per vehicle
- FREE parking for carpools of four or more passengers in team-controlled lots (2, 6, 7, 8 and 9) for Sunday games. For all other games, the first 100 cars with four or more people park for free up to an hour before game time.
- There are more than 70 licensed surface parking lots within 1/2-mile of Tropicana Field that are available during home games. The privately-owned and operated lots are marked with signage featuring a capital P, lot number and city ordinance number. Here's a map of those parking lots.
Parking Options- Downtown St. Petersburg:
- Al Lang Lot - 1st Ave SE & 1st St S
- South Core Garage - Between Central Ave and 1st Ave SE (E/W) and 2nd St S and 1st St S (N/S) (This one is expected to fill up for the Home Opener)
- Sundial (formerly Baywalk) Garage - 1st Ave N between 1st and 2nd streets
Shuttle: The Looper Trolley offers a free shuttle from downtown St. Pete to Tropicana Field for every home game of the 2014 season, operated . On Opening Day, the shuttle service begins at 2:10 p.m. and runs continuously until one hour after the game is over. For all other home games, the shuttle service will begin 90 minutes prior to the beginning of the game and will operate approximately every 10 minutes until one hour after the game is over. On the dates the Rays have a post-game concert the shuttle will run until one hour after the concert is over. Shuttle stops:
- Second Street South between Central Avenue & First Avenue South (under the pedestrian bridge connecting the Office Tower and South Core garage). Motorists may park in the South Core garage by entering from 1st Avenue South between 1st and 2nd Streets
- 16th Street just south of 3rd Avenue South