Lawyer: Tunisian suspect in Libya attack freed

TUNIS, Tunisia - A lawyer for the Tunisian suspect in the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi says his client has been conditionally freed for lack of evidence.

Ali Harzi was the only suspect in custody over the Sept. 11 attack on the consulate in Libya that killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

His lawyer Anwar Oued-Ali said Tuesday that he was freed Monday night. Al Harzi has to remain in the greater Tunis area in case the court needs him. He had previously been interrogated by FBI officials.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments