High Surf Advisory issued February 26 at 3:43AM EST expiring February 26 at 10:00PM EST in effect for: Pinellas
A Florida man suffered second-degree burns over roughly half his body after accidentally setting himself on fire while lighting a Halloween display.
Authorities say Ron Nielson of Palm Bay was using gasoline, a wooden cross and candles.
Palm Bay Fire Rescue spokeswoman Yvonne Martinez tells Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/GSc54M ) it's not clear whether Nielson was trying to light the cross or the candles Tuesday night. She says Nielson's clothes caught on fire.
Nielson was airlifted to an Orlando hospital. His condition early Thursday isn't known.
One of his neighbors said Nielson had put up ghosts, a scarecrow and other Halloween decorations earlier in the day. Brenda Lister says she heard an explosion and ran outside to find Nielson lying in a ditch with burns over much of his body.
Information from: Florida Today (Melbourne, Fla.), http://www.floridatoday.com