Fireworks brighten the sky every 4th of July across the nation to celebrate Independence Day.
The federal holiday is one that celebrates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776.
Many families and friends come together to celebrate this glorious day by preparing for fireworks, barbecues, festivals, and more.
If you are unsure how you will be celebrating this year, don't explode from stress just yet.
Here is a list of ways to celebrate Independence Day in the Tampa Bay area:
- Westfield Brandon Mall | 6 PM – 9 PM | FREE
- Celebrate Independence Day in the restaurant courtyard and inside the mall near the food court. The event originally began in 2003, and is complemented this year with live music, great food, family fun, and fireworks, plus a chance to win a $500 Westfield Shopping Spree.
- Blast off your Fourth of July celebration with the City of Clearwater at Coachman Park for a FREE Family celebration, along with a concert featuring the Mostly Pops Orchestra and the Wilsons. Gates open at 4 p.m., music at 7:30 p.m.,children’s activities featuring Radio Disney 5-9 p.m. The night will end with Clearwater Gas ‘Spark the Sky’ fireworks show starting at 9:30 p.m.
Cajun Festival and Craft Show
- Downtown Englewood | 10 AM
- Enjoy the 5th annual July 4th Cajun Festival and craft show with live entertainment by 3 bands, Cajun food and BBQ by local Rotary Club, kids rides, and lots of other stuff followed by $35,000 fireworks show.
Celebrate July Fourth on Gulfport Beach
- Gulfport Beach Waterfront Complex | 8 AM - 9:30 PM
- The City of Gulfport invites everyone to celebrate this 4th of July centennial celebration with an extraordinary line-up of fun and exciting activities in the City's downtown waterfront district. The line-up includes: kids fishing derby at 8 a.m., sand castle contest on the Beach at 10 a.m., food vendors at 4 p.m., live music at 5 p.m. and the best fireworks at 9 p.m. For more information, contact 727-893-1118.
- The Band Shell at Kings Bay Park (Crystal River) | 5 PM - 9 PM | FREE
- City of Crystal River presents "An Old-Fashioned 4th." Join us for games, contests, food/drinks, music, a patriotic parade and FIREWORKS over the river. The fun kicks off at 5:00 with local talent Sophie Noel singing your favorite patriotic songs, then Rebel Soul takes the stage at 5:30 with their country/rock sound. The parade starts at 5:30pm followed by sack races, tug of war, & three-legged race. Pie and hot dog eating contests from 8-9 and fireworks at 9:00pm. Beer and wine available.
- 9 PM | FREE
- Enjoy live music, vendors, kids' activities, and a 20-minute fireworks display launched from a barge in Garrison Channel that's visible all along the waterfront.
Fireworks on St. Pete Beach
- St. Pete Beach Park | 9 PM | FREE | 727-360-6957
- Bring your blankets and a picnic basket to enjoy the fireworks display by the Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce.
- See dazzling displays in the sky and sea this July 4th at The Florida Aquarium! There will be fun, family-friendly entertainment and all- American themed dinner options. Fireworks will take place at 9pm and hours will be extended to 9:30pm. July 4th festivities are included with Florida Aquarium general admission ticket.
- $69 for General Admission (Adult& Child) | $59 for Aquarium Member (Adult & Child)
- Join the ultimate fireworks experience with the best seats in the house aboard the Bay Spirit II .The boat will depart from the Aquarium at 7:30pm for an intimate sunset cruise around the bay and then return to the channel for the most spectacular view of the fireworks. The cruise includes one drink ticket and hors d'oeuvres.
- First United Methodist Church (Sarasota) | 4:30 PM | Admission $35 | Student tickets (at door) $15
- Rousing patriotic songs, traditional American folk songs and a tribute to Harold Arlen highlight the vocal fireworks that Gloria Musicae presents each year for Independence Day. We salute our immigrant nation with the Sarasota premiere of One Land: An American Tapestry by Rand Snell, a work which illuminates the many cultures and nationalities that comprise our collective identity as Americans. Celebrate American pride with Gloria Musicae, stay downtown for dinner and watch the fireworks over Sarasota Bay!
- Crumb & Cork (Tampa) | 8:30 PM - 11:30 PM | Admission: $35
- Ignite the flames of "fireworks" in the heart of Downtown Tampa at the 2nd annual Jazz in July on Independence Day. Enjoy live Jazz & DJ to dance the night away with a complimentary
- glass of wine. Exclusively for an audience with fine taste. This event is not to be missed featuring performances by Diane Andrieux, DJ Darmian and Sensational Saxophonist, Adrian Judge.
- Gill Dawg Marina Tikki Bar and Grill (Port Richey) | Adults: $11.54 | Children under 12: Free
- Gill Dawg is going to light up Miller's Bayou on July 4th with the Black Honkeys and The VooDoods! Fireworks show between sets of the Black Honkeys. Fun and Games! Delicious pit BBQ available!
- 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM | Free
- Enjoy Independence day with a full scheduled event in Largo. At 6:00pm you will enjoy DJ Entertainment by Phil Pasek with Fast Breaks Entertainment, then listen to 2014 Largo Teen Idol Winner Francesca Giorgianni perform at 8PM, and conclude your night with a Fireworks show at 9:15pm.
- The Shores of Ventian Cove (Leesburg)| 6 PM – 10 PM | Free
- This Fourth of July celebration will be an evening of live entertainment, traditional American food, kid's rides, games, free baseball and a finale of Lake County's most spectacular choreographed fireworks display along the shores of Ventian Cove
- Wallace Brooks Park | 5 PM - 10 PM | FREE
- Citrus County's Hometown Independence Day celebration features music, children's activities and games, food for purchase, the Firecracker 5K and 1-mile walk and fireworks that begin at dusk.
- Bradenton | 6 PM | Adults 69.95 | Children under 12 19.95
- PIER 22 will be featuring a delicious Buffet including a Pig Roast, Prime Rib Carving Station, and much more! Bring the entire family for the most awesome waterfront Fourth of July party in town.The cost to attend does not include tax, gratuity and beverages. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 941.748.8087.
- Downtown Sebring| 11 AM - 10 PM | Free
- Historic Downtown Sebring celebrates Independence Day with fireworks, food, live music, contests, entertainment & more. Join us at the Allen Altvater Cultural Center on the shores of Lake Jackson for all of the fun and,of course, the fireworks show at 9:00 PM.
- 9:30 AM - 5 PM
- In honor of Independence Day, military personnel (active-duty, retirees and veterans) and up to three direct dependents are invited to visit the Zoo for free on July 4-6, 2014.
Safety Harbor July Fourth
- Safety Harbor along Bayshore Boulevard at the City Marina | 5 PM - 9 PM | FREE | 727-724-1572
- Celebration features family activities area with carnival games, inflatables, a rock climbing and DJ music all set on the lawn of the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa. Fireworks display at 9 PM.
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens | 6 PM
- Selby Gardens’ annual Tropical 4th of July Celebration will offer a night of fun for the whole family. The fireworks display at Island Park is a popular local tradition. Selby Gardens not only offers prime viewing locations, but plenty of kid-friendly activities such as lawn games and the always popular bounce house to pass the time waiting for the nocturnal display. An estimated one thousand guests enjoy the show each year from Selby Gardens’ vantage point.Guests can also enjoy laid-back live music from Impulse and a variety of outdoor fare, including barbecue, popcorn, ice cream and adult beverages.
- Tickets are $17 for members, $20 for non-members and member guests. Admission is free for children 11 and under, but tickets are required. Tickets can be reserved online or purchased at the Welcome Center.
- Pasco County Fairgrounds (Dade City)| 12:00 PM - 9:15 PM | FREE
- Sparklebration is the annual celebration on Independence Day hosted by the non-profit Pasco County Fair Association, Inc.Gates open at noon as the entertainment will start early! Some of the activities planned include:Local entertainment, watermelon and hot dog eating contests, watermelon seed-spitting contest, petting zoo, face paining, bounce houses, carnival games, and pony rides. Also there will be a food court that includes barbeque, corn dogs, hamburgers, ice cream, Cuban sandwiches, cotton candy and much more.
Tarpon Springs Fourth of July Fireworks
- Fred Howard Park | 8:30 PM | FREE
- Watch fireworks launched from Sunset Beach at the best viewing spot
- Lake Eva Park (Haines City) | General Admission is Free | Reserved Seating is $12 per person, and offers seats directly in front of the stage.
- Haines City and Miracle Toyota present Thunder on the Ridge. National recording artist, Michael Ray, will take the stage at 7:30 PM followed by the largest fireworks display in Polk County.
- There will be plenty of arts, crafts and food vendors, a beer garden and other activities on site. Come join the fun!
4th of July Fireworks at Temple Terrace
- Temple Terrace Golf and Country Club | 8 PM - 9 PM | FREE
- Enjoy a performance by the Florida Wind Band at 8 PM with the annual fireworks spectacular to follow at 9 PM.
- 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM | Adults: $12 | Children under 12: $7 | Military/Veterans: $10
- Celebrate the 4th of July aboard the World War II steamship, S.S. American Victory. Enjoy the best view of the Channelside fireworks at 9 pm, plus beer, wine, food, music and lots of family fun!
- Tampa | 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM … Clearwater | 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM … Adults: $119.95 | Children: 59.95 *plus tax & $1 port fee*
- Celebrate the stars and stripes on the water with a spectacular 4th of July fireworks cruise in Tampa or Clearwater! This cruise includes **open premium bar**, a buffet with upscale American favorites, DJ entertainment, and a spectacular fireworks finale choreographed to patriotic music!
4th of July Free Parking -- Pinellas County Parks
- Free parking will be offered at Fort De Soto, Sand Key and Fred Howard parks.