SAINT PETERSBURG, Fla. - Saint Anthony's is gearing up for their 31st annual triathlon that takes place throughout Saint Petersburg Sunday morning. The race is a qualifier for the biggest triathlon, Iron Man.
Motorists in St. Petersburg can expect road closures along the following road ways:
Sections of St. Petersburg roads and streets that will be closed include:
· Brightwaters Boulevard which will be closed between Snell Isle Boulevard and the turnaround in the 1900 block of Brightwaters
· Bayshore Drive which will be closed between Seventh Avenue N and Fifth Avenue S
· North Shore Drive NE and Coffee Pot Blvd. which will be closed between Seventh and 22nd avenues N
· Fifth Avenue S (Dali Blvd) which will be closed from First to Fourth streets
· Pinellas Point Drive will be closed (drivers will be allowed to cross when safe to do so)
Some roads that will be subject to intermittent closures and delays include:
· First Avenue S between 28th and First streets S
· Fourth Street S between 18th Avenue S and Pinellas Point Drive
· Portions of First, Third, Fourth and Sixth streets S between First Avenue S and Pinellas Point Drive
· Snell Isle Bridge will have limited vehicle traffic allowed
Locals are welcomed to come out and support participants and cheer them on along the race course. The olympic triathlon consists of a .9 mile swim, 24 mile bike ride and a 6.2 run to the finish line.
There is also a sprint triathlon which is a little short in distances than the full. It is the first year for the event and also acts as the 2014 Paratriathlon Florida REgional Championship.