Thanksgiving house fire forces family out of St. Petersburg home

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - A Thanksgiving Day fire forced a St. Petersburg family out of their home Thursday.

The fire broke out at a home near 15th avenue south and 25th street.

The blaze started with a mattress that accidentally caught on fire, but firefighters quickly put out the flames.

A woman who lived there says they were celebrating Thanksgiving when her grandson told her there was fire in the other room.

"I grabbed my grand baby and I just came out the room. All my clothes messed up. Everything go out my room," said Ainnar Thomas.

The Red Cross is helping the family find a place to stay.

No one was hurt.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments