ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - The Firestone Grand Prix roars into St. Petersburg March 28, but streets are already closing downtown in preparation for the race.
Bayshore Drive Southeast, which closed this month from First Avenue South to Fifth Avenue South, will remain closed until April 5.
The Saturday Morning Market will not be held Grand Prix weekend, but returns to the Al Lang parking lot April 6.
The City of St. Petersburg announced the following street closures that will remain in place through the race weekend:
- Closed: Beach Drive from Central Avenue to First Avenue South.
- Closed: First Street from First Avenue South to Fifth Avenue South.
- Closed: Albert Whitted Park closed to vehicles and pedestrians until about April 8.
- Limited access: Second Avenue South from First Street to Second Street South.
- Limited access: First Street South from Fifth Avenue South to Eight Avenue South and Sixth Avenue South from Second Street to First Street through March 27.