Flaming dessert burns four in Palm Harbor restaurant

PALM HARBOR, Fla. - Four people were burned at a Palm Harbor restaurant when a server splashed flammable liquor while making Bananas Foster.

The incident happened just before 7:00 p.m. Saturday at Ozona Blue Grilling Co., located on Orange Street North in Palm Harbor.

According to Palm Harbor Fire and Rescue spokesperson Liz Monforti, the server used too much alcohol to create the flame for the dessert and it splashed onto the customers.

Two patients were flown to Tampa General Hospital to have their burns treated and two other patients were treated at the restaurant. Luckily, there was an off-duty fire fighter at the restaurant who was able to provide care until more help arrived.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments