Homeless New Port Richey man dies after being brutally beaten

NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. - A homeless New Port Richey man has died after allegedly being brutally attacked and beaten by at least two teens Tuesday.

In a statement Saturday afternoon, Frank Randolph's sister, Carla Ruby, told ABC Action News that her brother died at 10:22 a.m. from injuries sustained in the attack earlier in the week:

Frank Randolph, who was a loving father, son, brother, and uncle, passed away this morning at 10:22 a.m. and is now in the hands of God.

We, his family, want everyone to know how much he was loved by his family and friends.

Although Frank, was found in the woods, he was not a bum. He had a secure income that enabled him to maintain a home until recently, when his trusting nature allowed others to take advantage of him. This left him homeless and defenseless against his attackers.

As for the young men involved in the brutal assault, we want full and swift justice for our beloved Frank.
Please allow the family time to grieve by respecting their privacy.

Randolph, a homeless man who suffered from edema and could barely walk, was laying on his mattress on Tuesday when he told police three teens started attacking him.

According to a police report, the teens threw logs, concrete, and sticks at him, and urinated all over him.

He suffered numerous injuries, including a broken collar bone. He appeared to be dead by the time people found him.

His body was covered in maggots and feces.

Police have linked two New Port Richey teens, a 15-year-old and a 16-year-old, to the beatings.

A third teenager is being investigated, but police say they do not have enough evidence at this time to say he was involved.

According to New Port Richey Detective Greg Williams, the 16-year-old has an extensive criminal history including multiple arrests for battery, burglary, and even threatening to blow up a police station.

He, along with his 15-year-old friend, were both arrested on charges of aggravated battery. They are being held in juvenile detention.

No one answered at either of their homes when ABC Action News knocked on their doors Friday evening.

Detectives believe they attacked Randolph out of boredom. "It was all for fun," Williams said. "They were amusing each other, basically. It was entertainment for them."

Print this article Back to Top