Family escapes Palm Harbor house fire, pets die in blaze

PALM HARBOR, Fla. - A family is safe after escaping an overnight house fire in Palm Harbor, but their pets didn't survive, according to officials.

The blaze began just after midnight on the 1400 block of Pennsylvania Ave.

A neighbor noticed something burning outside the garage door and alerted the family of three inside the home.

The family got out, but their two cats died in the fire.

The garage suffered severe fire damage. The family is displaced, but they have a place to stay, so the Red Cross was not needed.

The fire is under investigation.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments