CLEARWATER, Fla. - Officials said the burns a 44-year-old Clearwater woman sustained at her home Wednesday night were self-inflicted.
A man called 911 at 10:47 p.m. to report that his wife, Rhonda Wolfe, somehow caught fire.
When crews arrived to the house at 2880 Lemonwood St. three minutes later, they found Wolfe engulfed in flames in the home's single-car garage. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire.
Wolfe was taken to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg, where she died from her injuries.
Clearwater police detectives said she left a suicide note and two gas cans along with a lighter were found next to the victim.
The Medical Examiner will release the final cause of death once toxicology tests are completed.