Woman, pet cat dead in Brandon house fire

BRANDON - A woman and a pet cat are dead and a man has been put up by the Red Cross after a house fire in Brandon on Monday afternoon.

The fire happened at 1610 Southwind Drive in Brandon.

When firefighters arrived, they found the man in the foyer performing CPR on the woman.  Paramedics took over, eventually taking the woman to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

The man was evaluated at the scene and released.

Investigators determined that the fire began as an accidental mattress fire in the bedroom.

The bedroom sustained heavy fire damage, and there was heavy smoke damage throughout the  home.  The Red Cross was called to assist the adult male with food, shelter and clothing.
Print this article Back to Top

Comments