Tampa Bay Jobs
Financial Fitness Zone
The Now Tampa Bay
ABC Action News Now!
All Taking Action
Don’t Waste Your Money
Taking Action Against Domestic Violence
The Plank - Bucs web show
Let's Ask America
Right This Minute
Scripps Spelling Bee
Tampa Bay Jobs
Sponsored Web Chat
All About Us
Advertise with Us
All Social Media
Radars And Maps
Flood Warning issued September 21 at 9:11AM EDT expiring September 22 at 10:00AM EDT in effect for: Hillsborough
Flood Warning issued September 21 at 9:11AM EDT expiring September 21 at 7:06PM EDT in effect for: Manatee
Healthy ways to deal with daily stress
4:31 PM, Jul 21, 2014
5:58 PM, Jul 21, 2014
ABC Action News has some healthy ways to keep your stress levels in check.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
It's a tough world out there. And for some people, the upheaval can be upsetting.
Many become stressed out. But psychologists say, there are ways you can deal with anxiety that can keep depression away.
- Exercise. Doctors say the best thing to do is to keep busy and get the endorphins pumping, which can make anyone feel better.
- Watch your salt and sugar consumption. Lowering both of these in your diet helps your body work better, including your brain.
- Get more Vitamin D. Studies have shown that a lack of Vitamin D can add to the blues. Best way to get Vitamin D? From the sun. So get out for short periods of time and enjoy the outdoors.
- Spend time with friends or loved ones. Being around people you like can make you a happier person.
- Relax. Try a yoga class or meditation. Research shows that even 15 minutes of meditation can cut down on stress.
And if you find things don't get better, seek professional help. Depression is a serious condition, but it can be treated.
Top Stories Trending Now