TAMPA, Fla. - From college football to a reptile convention, here are 5 things you need to know for Saturday, October 5, 2013.
(1) In Hillsborough County, the sheriff's office is holding an event to try and help cut down on bicycle theft. The sheriff's office says bike thefts are a growing problem across the county and one thing bike owners can do is register them. By having your bike registered you have a better chance of getting it back and the sheriff's office can track areas where more of these types of crimes are happening. You can register your bike with the sheriff's office from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Citrus Park Bikes on Edgemeer Rd. in Tampa. For more information, you can head to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office website.
(2) It's the first weekend of the month, that must mean it's time for free train rides at Largo Central Park! The train rides are Saturday and Sunday and go from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. In Tarpon Springs, it's Night in the Islands at the sponge docks! That's when the area transforms into a giant Greek festival complete with food and live music.
(3) Your ABC college football for the day looks like this: Clemson at Syracuse at 3:30 p.m. and then Ohio State is at Northwestern tonight at 8 p.m. That's also on ABC Action News, so stay tuned for the news immediately after.
(4) Another one of the ever-increasing popular video game, comic book and anime conventions is happening this weekend in Tampa. This one is called Shadocon , and it's at the Hyatt Regency. Tickets to get in are $30 Saturday and $25 Sunday.
(5) Repticon is slithering into the Florida State Fairgrounds this weekend! All sorts of exotic animals from tortoises to pythons will be on display. It's open from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Sunday. Kids four and younger are free. Everyone else is between $5-$10.