Flood Warning issued September 21 at 8:56PM EDT expiring September 26 at 2:00PM EDT in effect for: Hillsborough
From a boat show to free fishing, here are five things you need to know for your Saturday, October 12, 2013.
- The Tampa Bay Boat Show returns to the Florida State Fairgrounds this weekend. There are plenty of makes, models and sizes of boats and you can browse them all for free. It's open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. today.
- The largest pet adoption event in Tampa Bay starts at 9 a.m. this morning at Vinoy Park in downtown St. Petersburg. It's Pet-a-Palooza and it runs in conjunction with the "SPCA Tampa Bay's Annual pet Walk." You can walk, shop, listen to live music and eat all day with your pet until 3 p.m. The event is free.
- We are raising a glass to Oktoberfest this morning! You can get in on the brats and beer in downtown Tampa at Curtis Hixon Park today and tomorrow. Admission is $10, kids and dogs are free!
- For all the fishermen or aspiring fisherman, today is one of the state's license-free fishing days . Today only, you can fish salt water without a license. All other fishing regulations apply.
- It's college football game day! Here's your lineup on ABC Action News today: the undefeated Oklahoma Sooners travel to Texas to take on the Longhorns at noon. Then at 3:30 p.m. you can see Clemson take on Boston College. For your Florida teams, USF is on the road in Connecticut, the Gators are at LSU, and the Seminoles have a bye week.