PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. - A Pinellas County man is facing child neglect charges after a 1-year-old boy in his care ingested the prescription drug Xanax this weekend.
Deputies say 20-year-old Oscar Montes does not have a prescription to the drug and told deputies he uses it for recreation on the weekends.
According to arrest documents, Montes would leave the pills on a window sill above where the baby sleeps. Montes said he wasn't sure how the baby got the pill, but it most likely fell onto the child's bed.
The child was taken to the hospital. Deputies say his condition is non-life threatening.