The University Area Community Development Corporation (CDC) will hold the exciting Brand New Day gala, on Friday, Sept. 23.
This fifth annual gala will raise much-needed funds for the University Area CDC’s seven acre Harvest Hope Park, which, upon completion, will house an impressive playground, fitness trail and tilapia fish farm in addition to the already established Harvest Hope Community Garden.
The memorable evening will begin at 6 p.m. as guests will ease on into the University Area CDC Community Center at 14013 N. 22nd St., Tampa, 33613, which will be stunningly decorated according to the theme of the popular Broadway show, film and television movie, The Wiz.
Hosts for the Brand New Day gala will include:
• Eugenie Bondurant, actress/model (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay; Fight Games; Saturday Night Live)
• Paul Wilborn, The Palladium Theater executive director, notable writer and performer
• Ericka Dunlap, performer and 2004 Miss America
• Vincent Jackson, professional athlete (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
• Kenny Leon and his wife, Jennifer Thompson, honorary hosts (Leon directed The Wiz Live on television)
The evening will include, in part:
• tantalizing appetizers, partially prepared with produce from the University Area CDC Harvest Hope community garden
• delicious dinner and dessert bar
• live performance by Fred Johnson, James Crumbly, youth from the community and The Voice finalist Shalyah Fearing
• dancing to music provided by Ultimate Entertainment
• unveiling of plans for the University Area CDC Harvest Hope Park
Tickets are $75 per person, $125 per couple and $1,000 for a corporate table, and are available online at www.uacdc.org and in person at the University Area CDC.