Recipe for Roasted Shallot T-bone
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60-75 minutes
4 T-bone steaks
1 lb. unpeeled shallots
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon minced fresh basil
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Place shallots and 1 T. olive oil in a small baking pan. Cover and bake in a 350° oven until the shallots are very tender (about 1-1 ¼ hours). Remove from oven and let cool.
2. Cut the root end of the shallot. Squeeze the inside of the shallot out of the skin.
3. Chop the shallots coarsely. Mix with remaining ingredients. ( The compote can be served hot or room temperature.)
4. Season T-bone steaks with salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness.
5. Spread the roasted shallot compote on the top side of each steak and serve.
You can find new recipes every weekend morning on ABC Action News and on the Live Well Network .