Recipe for Key Lime Pie
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8 (1 pie)
1 ½ Tablespoons key lime zest
½ cup freshly squeezed key lime juice
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
½ cup milk
1 purchased graham cracker crust
Sweetened whipped cream
1. Whisk together zest, lime juice, yolks, sweetened condensed milk, and milk in a bowl.
2. Pour filling into prepared graham cracker pie crust shell
3. Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until the filling is slightly set. (To judge doneness, it should giggle slightly when moved.) Remove from the oven and let cool.
4. Cover pie loosely with foil or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for several hours (or a day ahead of time) until completely chilled.
5. Decorate the pie with sweetened whipped cream and serve.
You can find new recipes every weekend morning at 6:00 a.m. on ABC Action News and on the Live Well Network .