Recipe for Nectarine Galette
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
6 ripe Nectarines
1 package Pepperidge Farm puff pastry dough (2 sheets)
½ cup finely diced dried apricots
½ cup finely chopped pecans
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Lightly flour a clean, dry surface and roll out each sheet of puff pastry into a 13 x 13 square. Cut 3 - 6" circles out of each sheet for a total of 6 circles.
3. Place the circles on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Put the cookie sheets into the freezer for 10 minutes to chill the dough before proceeding.
4. Cut the flesh from the nectarine pits, trying to keep the pieces as big as possible. Thinly slice the nectarines.
5. Sprinkle the puff pastry circles with dried apricots and pecans, leaving a ½" border around the outside.
6. Arrange the slices in a spiral pattern on the top of one of the circles of puff pastry leaving a ½" border around the outside. Fold this border over the nectarines crimping the edge to make a decorative border. Repeat with the other 5 circles.
7. Brush the galettes with melted butter.
8. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle this mixture over each of the galette.
9. Return the tarts to the freezer for 5-10 minutes to re-chill the dough.
10. Place the cookie sheets into the preheated oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Remove from the oven, let cool for a couple of minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream.
You can find new recipes every weekend morning at 6:00 a.m. on ABC Action News and on the Live Well Network .