Recipe for Leftover Turkey Parmentier
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
1 lb. Button mushrooms, sliced
1 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
2 Tablespoons butter
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon coriander
5 cups diced cooked turkey
1 ½ cups cold or cool gravy
4 cups cool mashed potatoes (if they are too hard to spread, add a small amount of milk stirring into the potatoes gently)
12 green onions, thinly sliced
¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ cup bread crumbs
1. In a hot sauté pan, sauté mushrooms in butter until the mushrooms are tender. Mix in roasted red peppers, cinnamon, cayenne, cumin, paprika and coriander and heat for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a bowl, combine mushrooms, peppers, turkey, and gravy. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
3. Mix mashed potatoes with green onions.
4. Spread mashed potatoes on the top of the turkey mixture. This can be done using a spatula or even your hands. (If the potatoes are very stiff, gently mix in a small amount of milk.)
5. Cover the potatoes with cheese and bread crumbs.
6. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes and until the top is nicely browned and the interior has reached 165 degrees F.
Watch for new recipes from the Live Well Network each weekend morning on ABC Action News.