Recipe for Crusted Salmon
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish
1 Tablespoon ground coriander
2 teaspoon fennel seeds
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Four 5-6 ounce fillets of fish
2 Tablespoons oil
Cucumber red onion salad (below)
1. In a bowl combine coriander, fennel, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
2. Coat both sides of the fish with the seeds. Be sure to press them well into the flesh.
3. Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil when hot.
4. Add the fish without crowding the pan, coated side down first and cook several minutes until browned.
5. Using a spatula, carefully turn fish. Continue to cook the fish several more minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
6. Serve hot with cucumber red onion salad.
Cucumber Red Onion Salad
1 seedless cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced very thinly
1/ 3 cup thinly sliced red onion
¼ teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
3 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix all ingredients and serve.