Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued January 22 at 6:42PM EST expiring January 22 at 7:45PM EST in effect for: Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, Sumter
Tornado Watch issued January 22 at 6:32PM EST expiring January 22 at 10:00PM EST in effect for: Citrus, DeSoto, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota, Sumter
Coastal Flood Statement issued January 22 at 5:01AM EST expiring January 23 at 12:15AM EST in effect for: Pinellas
High Surf Advisory issued January 22 at 5:01AM EST expiring January 24 at 1:00PM EST in effect for: Pinellas
Lake Wind Advisory issued January 21 at 2:56PM EST expiring January 23 at 7:00PM EST in effect for: DeSoto, Hardee, Highlands, Pinellas, Polk, Sumter
2 teaspoons orange zest
¼ cup sugar
2 Tablespoons molasses
1 ½ cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons Bourbon
½ cup pecan pieces
2 cups French bread, cut into cubes
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. In a bowl, mix orange zest, sugar, molasses, eggs, vanilla, and Bourbon until the sugar is dissolved. Add milk and mix until incorporated.
3. Add bread to the custard mixture. Mix and let rest for 20 minutes to allow the bread time to soak up the custard.
4. Ladle bread pudding into 4, 6-oz custard cups.
5. Place cups in a 9" x 13" pan. Fill pan with 1 1/2 inches of warm water. Carefully place in oven and bake 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until firm.
6. Remove pan from oven and remove cups from the water. Serve warm with plenty of whipped cream.