Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued January 22 at 6:42PM EST expiring January 22 at 7:45PM EST in effect for: Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, Sumter
Tornado Watch issued January 22 at 6:32PM EST expiring January 22 at 10:00PM EST in effect for: Citrus, DeSoto, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota, Sumter
Coastal Flood Statement issued January 22 at 5:01AM EST expiring January 23 at 12:15AM EST in effect for: Pinellas
High Surf Advisory issued January 22 at 5:01AM EST expiring January 24 at 1:00PM EST in effect for: Pinellas
Lake Wind Advisory issued January 21 at 2:56PM EST expiring January 23 at 7:00PM EST in effect for: DeSoto, Hardee, Highlands, Pinellas, Polk, Sumter
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into small dice
½ cup water
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
Vanilla ice cream
1. In a large sauté pan on medium heat, melt the butter. Continue cooking until small flecks in the butter turn brown. Don't let the flecks become black.
2. As soon as the butter browns, add mangos and sauté for several minutes.
3. Add brown sugar, water, and cardamom.
4. Continue cooking for several minutes. If the mixture becomes too dry, simply add more water as the mixture should be somewhat saucy.
5. Serve immediately over vanilla ice cream.