Recipe for Ale Marinated Flank Steak
Prep time: 15 minutes (plus 24 hours marinating time)
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
1½ lbs. trimmed flank steak
5 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup minced onion
1 jalapeno chile, minced with all seeds and ribs (less if you want it less spicy)
1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
¾ cup good-quality nut brown ale
¾ teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons malt vinegar
1. Mix all ingredients except flank steak in a bowl.
2. Marinate steak in this mixture in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
3. Remove from marinade and pat dry.
4. Grill flank steak over high heat until medium rare (3-4 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the steak).
5. Remove from grill. Let rest for several minutes. Slice very thinly across the grain. Serve with salsa on the side.