Prep time: 20 minutes (plus 30-60 minutes marinating time)
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8 as a side dish
1 pound orecchiette pasta
¾ cup finely diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon olive oil + ¼ cup
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
1 lb. thawed frozen corn
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
1. Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil to a small sauté pan over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add onion and sauté until golden brown. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
2. Place cooked onions and garlic in a medium size bowl and let cool. Add remaining olive oil, salt, pepper, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and oregano. Mix to combine. Let this mixture stand for 30 - 60 minutes before proceeding with recipe.
3. Boil pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and keep hot.
4. In a large sauté pan, pour in the tomato mixture and cook over high heat for 3 - 4 minutes or until tomatoes start to soften.
5. Add hot orecchiette and corn to the tomato mixture and continue cooking 2 - 3 minutes or the mixture is very hot. If the pasta seems to dry, add some hot water.
6. Serve immediately.
You can find new recipes every weekend morning on ABC Action News and on the
Live Well Network.