Recipe for green chili
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
4 poblano peppers (about 1 lb.), seeded and thinly sliced
6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 lb. trimmed pork shoulder cut into small dice
2 15 oz. cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
16 oz. baby spinach
½ cup chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
Rice, tortilla chips, sliced green onions and small cubes of pepper jack cheese for garnish
1. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion, poblano peppers, and jalapeno peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and cumin and cook for another minute.
3. Add the pork and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the pinto beans and chicken broth.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thick and the meat is tender, about 35-40 minutes.
6. Stir in spinach and cilantro and simmer until just tender, about 2-4 minutes.
7. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
8. Serve with rice, tortilla chips green onions, and pepper jack cheese on the side.
Find more recipes on the Live Well Network .