Recipe for smoked salmon deviled eggs
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 tablespoon chopped dill
4 oz. salmon (cut 16 ¼" strips of salmon and reserve to use for garnish)
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
16 capers, drained
16 sprigs of Dill
1. Put eggs in a large saucepan. Cover eggs with cold water so that the eggs are covered by 1". Bring eggs to a boil. Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 12 minutes.
2. Drain the eggs and run under cold water until fully cooled.
3. Peel eggs.
4. Cut eggs in half lengthwise with dental floss.
5. Mince the salmon excluding the strips for garnish.
6. Carefully scoop out the yolks into a bowl. Add the sour cream, mustard, chives, dill, minced salmon, salt and pepper. Mix well.
7. Put mixture into a piping bag. Pipe into the egg white halves.
8. Top each egg with a strip of salmon, a caper, and a sprig of dill.