Recipe for Christmas Salmon Terrine
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
16 oz. cold smoked salmon (this is the thinly sliced salmon that typically is served on bagels,etc)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup softened cream cheese
1 teaspoon capers, minced
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon minced fresh dill or ½ teaspoon dried dill
2 t. Chopped fresh parsley
3 cups mixed field greens (meslcun)
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 T. Lemon juice
Pinch salt and ground black pepper
Fresh dill or parsley for garnishing
1. Purée 12 oz. of smoked salmon with mayonnaise and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth.
2. Remove salmon/mayonnaise mixture from the food processor and place in a bowl.
3. Add capers, lemon zest, parsley and dill with the mixture. Taste for salt and pepper.
4. Lightly coat 6 muffin tins with water. Line muffin tins first with plastic wrap and then a layer of smoked salmon on the bottom of the muffin tins.
5. Fill the lined containers with half of the mousse mixture, followed by another layer of the remaining smoked salmon. Finish filling with the remaining half of the salmon mousse mixture.
6. Place in refrigerator and allow to chill for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
7. To serve, unmold the individual terrines onto appetizer plates. Make a small salad composed of mixed field greens mixed with lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Garnish the plates with this salad and the tops of the terrines with fresh parsley or dill. Serve with toast points.
You can find new recipes every weekend morning at 6:00 a.m. on ABC Action News and on the Live Well Network .