Recipe for Chocolate Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: minutes
¾ cup half and half
8 oz. chopped high quality semi-sweet dark chocolate
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon instant coffee
Ingredients for the bar such as:
Various alcohols like Irish whiskey, bourbon, grand Marnier, and Kahlua
Minced crystallized ginger
Minced candied orange peel
Roasted chopped nuts
Crushed candy canes
1. Bring half and half to a boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Place chocolate, salt, vanilla extract, and coffee extract in a bowl.
3. Pour hot half and half over the chocolate mixture. Whisk until smooth.
4. Return the chocolate mixture to the saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly so that the bottom of the pan does not scorch.
5. Serve in hot cappuccino or decorative cappuccino cups with the different bar ingredients. Each guest can then customize their own dessert.
You can find new recipes ev ery weekend morning at 6:00 a.m. on ABC Action News and on the Live Well Network .