Recipe for Beer Marinated Chicken:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes (plus marinating time)
2 Tablespoons German mustard, preferably Düsseldorf-style
1 bottle dark beer (reserve 2 Tablespoons for beer mustard sauce)
¼ cup lemon juice
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon ground thyme
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Beer mustard sauce (see below)
- In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, beer, lemon juice garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Add chicken and place covered in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours to marinade.
- Drain chicken from the marinade.
- In a hot sauté pan over high heat, brown the chicken thighs on both sides. Place the sauté pan (if oven-safe. If not, transfer chicken breasts to a baking sheet) in a 375° F oven for about 15 minutes. The chicken is done when it registers 165° F on an instant read thermometer.
- Serve the cooked chicken with sauerkraut and beer mustard sauce.