Recipe for Akuri Indian Eggs
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 heaping cup finely diced onions
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 Serrano chile, halved, seeds and veins removed, very thinly sliced
1 large tomato, halved, seeded, and diced
¼ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon garam masala
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
¼ teaspoon salt
6 large eggs, beaten
2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. In a medium sauté pan over moderate heat, sauté onions and cumin in oil. Cook until the onions are softened.
2. Add Serrano chile and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Add tomato, turmeric, garam masala, paprika, hot Hungarian paprika, and salt. Cook for 4 more minutes.
4. Add eggs and cook, stirring periodically, until the eggs solidify without becoming dry.
5. Stir in cilantro and serve with hot toast.
You can find new recipes every weekend morning at 6:00 a.m. on ABC Action News and on the Live Well Network .