Breaking up is hard to do – unless you're a celebrity. This year, we saw a handful of headline names head to Splitsville; some after several decades of marriage and some before they even exchanged vows.
Here's a rundown of the top 11 celebrity breakups of 2011:
1. Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries: After a fairytale wedding worth a reported $10 million and only 72 days of wedded life, Kardashian and Humphries are headed to Splitsville, according to an Oct. 31 announcement.
2. Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher: The 49-year-old actress and 33-year-old actor announced their split after six years of marriage in July, allegedly after Kutcher had a relationship with 22-year-old Sara Leal according to reports.
3. Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger: Shriver and Schwarzenegger announced their separation in May after 25 years of marriage. The couple hasn't officially divorced yet.
4. Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez: These Latin lovers called it quits after seven years of marriage in July.
5. Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds: Though the couple split in 2010, their divorce was finalized in July in Los Angeles. The couple had been married since 2008. Johansson had a brief rebound relationship with Sean Penn this year.
6. Kiefer Sutherland and Siobhan Bonnouvrier: According to reports from PopEater , the "24" actor and magazine director broke things off after three years in June.
7. Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris: The Playboy mogul was practically left at the altar in June, Harris got cold feet about marriage just days before the couple was slated to walk down the aisle, according to information from E! Online .
8. Leonardo DiCaprio and Bar Refaeli: The leading man and Israeli model split up after six years together in May. DiCaprio has since dated – and broken up with – actress Blake Lively, according to reports.
9. Bradley Cooper and Renee Zellweger: Though they never officially confirmed their relationship, the two seemed very close as they were frequently spotted together and always had glowing endorsements for the other. The dream ended in February according to reports from People .
10. Jesse James and Kat Von D: The inked couple broke off their engagement and split up for good in September. Apparently James is a serial philanderer: He and actress Sandra Bullock divorced in 2010 after alleged infidelity, Von D claims James was with 19 other women during their relationship.
11. Cameron Diaz and Alex Rodriguez: According to reports, distance ruined the romance between baseball player A-Rod and Diaz in June, just a month after Diaz's rep confirmed the couple was an item.