TAMPA - I covered two very serious crashes during the AM rush Wednesday. The first occurred around 5:45 AM on US-19 near Klosterman Road in Palm Harbor. All southbound lanes were shut down while Bayflite responded to take one person to the hospital. Because SB lanes reopened fairly quickly, it appears the person injured will be okay. And around 8 AM, I received a tweet to my @TampaBayTraffic feed about a crash on WB I-4 near McIntosh Road. EMS hadn't arrived on scene yet. That crash, involving a pickup truck, later required all lanes of I-4 to be closed while the pickup driver was extricated from his vehicle. Captain Al was live on scene in Action Air 1 as the driver was loaded into a waiting ambulance. He appeared alert, and hopefully will be OK. Stay with ABC Action News for more on both of these accidents as information becomes available.
A recap of the morning drive is below this list of road construction projects. Have a traffic question? Connect with me on Facebook.
DAYTIME ROAD CONSTRUCTION:
- TAMPA: Left lane of Jefferson will be closed in both directions between Whiting and Washington for sewer work.
- TAMPA/YBOR CITY: 4th Avenue may be reduced to one lane in each direction between 28th and 32nd streets, with traffic flagged through, from 9 AM to 4 PM.
- TAMPA/YBOR CITY: 7th Avenue may be reduced to a single lane of traffic in each direction between 26th and 32nd streets from 9 AM to 4 PM.
- TAMPA: One lane will be closed each way on 20th, 21st and 22nd streets from Grant Street to State Road 60 from 9 AM to 4 PM.
- TAMPA: Traffic may be flagged through at times on 26th Street between 12th and 15th avenues (under I-4) from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- TAMPA: One lane will be closed in both directions of 34th Street from State Road 60 to Grace Street (under the Selmon Expressway) from 9 AM to 4 PM.
- ST. PETE: Drilling under Bear Creek at La Plaza Ave in South Pasadena. Delays possible, 8 AM-5 PM. Bridge will remain open, however there will be crews north and south of the bridge and interruptions to traffic are possible.
- LAKELAND: Timberlane West in the Combeewood neighborhood closed to through-traffic between Oakleaf Drive and Eastside Drive South for sewer repairs. This road is scheduled to reopen July 16.
- HOWARD FRANKLAND: One lane will be closed on southbound I-275 approaching the Howard Frankland Bridge (towards St. Petersburg) from 11:30 PM to 6 AM.
- I-275 TAMPA: One to two lanes will be closed on northbound I-275 from Floribraska Avenue (south of MLK, Exit 46B) to Yukon Street (south of Busch Blvd., Exit 50) from 10:30 PM to 6 AM.
- SELMON EXPRESSWAY: One lane will be closed on the eastbound Selmon from Nebraska Avenue to 22nd Street (Exit 9) from 8 PM to 6 AM.
- SELMON EXPRESSWAY: One lane will be closed in each direction of the Selmon between 22nd Street (Exit 9) and 50th Street (Exit 11) from 8 PM to 5 AM.
- TAMPA: One of three lanes will be closed in either direction of Hillsborough Avenue from Central Avenue to Nebraska Avenue from 11:30 PM to 6 AM
- TAMPA: One lane will be closed in either direction of Chelsea Avenue under I-275 from 9 PM to 7 AM
- TAMPA: Twiggs Street closed between Nebraska and Meridian avenues, 7 PM to 5 AM (for construction related to the Selmon Expressway)
- N TAMPA: One lane will be closed in each direction of Fletcher Avenue under I-75 from 9 AM to 4 PM
- TAMPA: One lane may be closed in each direction of the Selmon Expressway from 50th Street to Maydell Drive (between exits 11 and 12). Westbound closures will be from 7 PM to 5 AM and eastbound closures will be from 8 PM to 6 AM.
- TAMPA: One lane may be closed on eastbound and westbound I-4 between 22nd Street (Exit 1) and 50th Street (Exit 3) from 8 PM to 5 AM. Two lanes may be closed on eastbound I-4 after 10 PM and up to three lanes closed on eastbound I-4 from 11:30 PM to 4:30 AM.
- TAMPA: One lane may be closed in each direction of State Road 60 (Adamo Dr.) between 26th and 39th streets from 10 PM to 3 AM.
- RIVERVIEW: One lane will be closed in each direction of Gibsonton Drive at I-75 from 9 PM to 5 AM.
AM COMMUTE RECAP:
8:53 -- I-4 UPDATE: All lanes now open WB I-4 @ McIntosh. Delays extend to Thonotosassa Rd. It's going to take a while to clear.
8:40 -- I-4 UPDATE: 2 lanes now open WB near McIntosh Rd. Jammed back to Thonotosassa Rd.
8:37 -- I-4 UPDATE: WB DELAYS begin around MM 19. All lanes WB again blocked near McIntosh/past MM 13 while crash clears.
8:29 -- I-275 TAMPA: Crash SB between I-4 and Ashley. It's on the right shoulder. Road Ranger on scene.
8:17 -- PORT RICHEY: Crash w/roadblock on US-19 @ Cross Bayou Blvd.
8:15 -- I-4 UPDATE: Shoulder just reopened WB near McIntosh Rd. Traffic JAMMED beyond Thonotosassa Rd. I'd use Exit 19/Thonotosassa then US-92
8:07 -- I-4/MCINTOSH UPDATE: Driver of pickup extricated from vehicle. Loaded into EMS. All lanes of WB I-4 remain closed past mile marker 13.
7:52 -- CLEARWATER: EMS working