TAMPA BAY - A resident in a Tampa duplex is safe after a fire destroyed his home overnight Thursday.
The blaze happened on 127 th Avenue and Tinsley Circle around 11:00 p.m.
One witness told ABC Action News that after the home caught fire, wires caught on fire as well and it was sparking “like the fourth of July”.
There was one resident inside when the fire started, and he managed to get out. One side of the duplex was destroyed, but the second unit only received smoke damage due to firefighters attacking the fire.
No one was injured. The Red Cross is offering the victim assistance.
The fire is under investigation.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.