TAMPA - On Saturday, the Occupy Wall Street protesters once again marched in New York City and the movement continues to gain steam in Tampa.
Protesters took their message from Lykes Gaslight Square to the streets of Downtown Tampa... holding signs and chanting.
They call themselves the 99 percent, claiming the other 1 percent controls the country's wealth and politics.
Susan Mullins and her husband were in New York a couple weeks ago and talked with people from "Occupy Wall Street."
They were interested in the fight after being active in protests in the '60's.
"We want to ensure that government of the people, by the people and for the people shall not parish. Fairness and a level playing field and the voice of the people should be heard," Mullins said.
George Taylor has been following the movement online and came down to be a part of it. He brought his son, who has been looking for a job for more than a year.
"He had straight A's in school. He's going to college and I don't blame the companies because they're hiring the people who are trying to feed their families but it's very difficult for him to pay for his car and education when he can't find a job," Taylor said.
Occupy Tampa protests have been going strong for a couple weeks now and police say they have not made any arrests. Hundreds of people showed up for today's event and now the demonstrations have gone global. People were also protesting in New Zealand, London and Australia.
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Plenty of sunshine with high humidity, but low chances for an afternoon shower or storm inland.