TAMPA - If you’ve ever visited abcactionnews.com , you know the website powered by ABC Action News is more than just a “news” site. It’s a place to find lifestyle content, and buzz-worthy talker stories.
That's why we're bringing you "10 Questions for..."
"10 Questions for...” is a lighthearted way for our web users to learn more about community leaders, athletes and politicians across Florida.
This week, we're joined by Tampa Police Chief Jane Castor.
10 Questions For Tampa Police Chief Jane Castor
1. What is your all time favorite movie or song?
To Kill a Mocking Bird -- I can recite all the lines much to the irritation of anyone who watches it with me!
2. Do you have a Smartphone? If so, what's your favorite app?
Blackberry -- Favorite app? Phone guy who shows me how to use it
3. Who do you count as your mentor(s)?
4. What was your very first job?
Carpenter in my family cabinet business
5. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I wish I could play an instrument or carry a tune.
6. What do you consider your greatest success?
The day I became a parent.
7. Tell us something about you most people don't know?
I love the challenge of restoring old homes. I've completed three including the one I call home!
8. If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would they be?
My dad, Abraham Lincoln and Gilda Radner
9. What is in your fridge right now?
Leftover homemade chicken soup, a little of Jane's amazing tuna salad, organic yogurt, skim milk and two drawers full of fruits and vegetables.
10. If you could have a different career, other then what you're doing now, what would it be?
I can't imagine a career more rewarding than being a police officer, but creating landscape designs would be a fun challenge. I love everything to do with landscaping and working in the yard.
BONUS! Make sure to look through the images above to see Jane Castor some time before she was Chief of Police.
Copyright 2010 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.