ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - A Thanksgiving Day fire forced a St. Petersburg family out of their home Thursday.
The fire broke out at a home near 15th avenue south and 25th street.
The blaze started with a mattress that accidentally caught on fire, but firefighters quickly put out the flames.
A woman who lived there says they were celebrating Thanksgiving when her grandson told her there was fire in the other room.
“I grabbed my grand baby and I just came out the room. All my clothes messed up. Everything go out my room,” said Ainnar Thomas.
The Red Cross is helping the family find a place to stay.
No one was hurt.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The prediction by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is more than what's considered an average Atlantic season.