GULFPORT, Gla. - Firefighters at the Gulfport Hardware Store were busy Thursday night putting out what Pinellas County Fire Rescue officials called a major fire.
Rescue crews say nobody was in the building, even though initial reports suggested someone was inside. They later learned the business owner was not there when the fire started.
Crews reported loud explosions, likely from the paint in the hardware store at the small strip shopping center at 5006 Gulfport Blvd. S.
Nearby residents and businesses were evacuated as a precaution.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A 4-year-old Pasco County boy is dead. According to family members, doctors suspect he contracted bacterial meningitis, He started showing symptoms Saturday night.