St. Petersburg Fire officials say arson was the cause of an apartment fire in St. Petersburg Sunday morning.
Paula Ayer, 47, who lives in the unit the fire started in, was arrested by St. Petersburg police for starting the fire.
The fire broke out just before 7:00 a.m. at the Yankee Apartment complex located at 2018 North Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street.
Smoke and flames were visible when fire crews arrived on scene.
The fire started in apartment #10 and spread to the attic.
The building has a common attic area where the electrical wiring is located so officials had to shut the power off to the entire building.
Fire Department spokesperson, Lt. Joel Granata said the fire appeared to be suspicious so arson investigators were called to the scene.
All the residents in the 10 unit building will have to be relocated. Red Cross is assisting.
There were no injuries and there is no damage estimate at this time.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.