ODESSA, Fla. - Fire investigators say the fire that claimed a man's life early Tuesday morning is not suspicious, according to preliminary investigation results.
They say the blaze that killed 92-year-old Gilbert Lange appears to be accidental in nature, but that they won't have a final answer until the investigation is complete.
A dog was also found dead in the fire.
"It looks like possibly he may have been trying to get out. Again, I cant give the information on that, but it is possible that he was trying to get out," says Pasco County fire investigator Joe Valente.
He added that the roof had collapsed and getting to Lange's body was difficult.
Neighbors in the area were evacuated for a short time by responders because of a propane tank behind the home that was on fire.
Due to the immediate risk of that igniting, they evacuated those people, but they were able to return back to their homes shortly after with no further incident.
An autopsy on Lange should happen sometime soon to determine an exact cause of death.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Plenty of sunshine with high humidity, but low chances for an afternoon shower or storm inland.