BRANDON - A woman and a pet cat are dead and a man has been put up by the Red Cross after a house fire in Brandon on Monday afternoon.
The fire happened at 1610 Southwind Drive in Brandon.
When firefighters arrived, they found the man in the foyer performing CPR on the woman. Paramedics took over, eventually taking the woman to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The man was evaluated at the scene and released.
Investigators determined that the fire began as an accidental mattress fire in the bedroom.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A Tampa Bay woman who helped kill her mother at the age of 15 will be able to walk out of jail a free woman on Friday.