Are you ever curious about the real lives of politicians, celebrities and athletes?
Who are their mentors, what is their greatest success and who would they really like to meet?
Each Tuesday, ABC Action News asks the same 10 questions of a Bay area leader or celebrity.
In this week's profile, you'll hear from Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn.
In April, he was sworn in as the city's mayor.
While he ran his own public relations company prior to winning the election, serving the community has been his true passion.
In 1987, Buckhorn became Special Assistant to Mayor Sandy Freedman.
In 1995, he was elected to Tampa City Council and was was reelected In 1999. That was when I first met him.
My first impression of Bob was how warm and engaging he was. I learned right away that serving the community was something he wanted to do for the rest of his career.
The 53-year-old graduated from Penn State University and holds a degree in Political Science.
While Mayor Buckhorn has an impressive resume, if you ask him his greatest accomplishments, he will point to his most personal ones.
Here are 10 Questions for Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn:
1. What is your all time favorite movie or song?
2. Do you have a Smartphone? If so, what's your favorite app?
Yes, an iPhone. Twitter is my favorite app.
3. Who do you count as your mentor(s)?
Anyone I can learn from.
4. What was your very first job?
At 15, I was a busboy at a seafood restaurant in Northern Virginia.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I need to be more patient.
6. What do you consider your greatest success?
My two daughters - Grace and Colleen.
7. Tell us something about you most people don’t know?
I don’t sleep in a suit.
8. If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would they be?
Bobby Kennedy, Nelson Mandela and Abraham Lincoln
9. What is in your fridge right now?
Food for the kids, cold cuts, fruit, milk.
10. If you could have a different career, other then what you’re doing now, what would it be?
Navy Fighter Pilot
The people I profile are based on your suggestions. Let me know who you would like to hear from or what you think about the segment.
You can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. or "like" me on Facebook.
To do that just head to abcactionnews.com/facebook and find me under the favorites tab and click the "like" button.
This is also a way for you to follow my stories and offer story ideas.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.