Ten Questions is a fun online article we publish every week featuring one of your top newsmakers or community members. This is a way you can get to know them better.
This week, we are featuring Pinellas County Tax Collector, Diane Nelson.
1.) What is your all time favorite movie or song?
2.) . Do you have a Smartphone? If so, what's your favorite app?
Yes, " Around Me"
3.) Who do you count as your mentor(s)?
Florence Murphy, O. Sanford Jasper, and Fred Petty
4. What was your very first job?
Cashier at Publix Super Market
5. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
To be taller
6. What do you consider your greatest success?
Having the courage to run for office
7. Tell us something about you most people don't know?
I have a sense of humor
8. If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would they be?
Margaret Thatcher, Laura Bush, Stephen King
9. What is in your fridge right now?
Lots of water
10. If you could have a different career, other than what you're doing now, what would it be?
We hope you have enjoyed this week's profile.
We want you to be a part of the buzz! If there is someone you want to hear from, please contact me and I will reach out to the local celebrity. You can e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org. or find me on Facebook under Sarina Fazan News Personality and click the "Like" button.
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Nelson Mandela inspired and challenged the world to stand up for others. As word of Mandela's death spread, current and former presidents, athletes and entertainers, and people around the world spoke about the life and legacy of the former leader.