TAMPA - Ten Questions is a fun online article we publish every week featuring a top newsmaker or community member. It is a way you can get to know them better.
This week we are featuring a man who has shown undeniable strength and integrity for the past 40 years in his service in law enforcement.
And once again, Pinellas County Sheriff Jim Coats showed his character when he announced he would be retiring early to help his ailing wife through a medical crisis.
I am honored for Sheriff Coats to be profiled in this week's segment. And, by his answers, it is very apparent how important his wife Cat is to him
1. What is your all time favorite movie or song?
My Cousin Vinny
2. Do you have a Smartphone? If so, what's your favorite app?
Yes-- the weather
3. Who do you count as your mentor(s)?
4. What was your very first job?
I had a newspaper route
5. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I would have started my career in law enforcement sooner!
6. What do you consider your greatest success?
7. Tell us something about you most people don't know?
I participated in several fishing tournaments in Cuba.
8. If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would they be?
Sheriff Don Genung , Shania Twain and I always enjoy dinner with my wife, Cat.
9. What is in your fridge right now?
Cold beer and a lot of food
10. If you could have a different career, other then what you're doing now, what would it be?
Be an airline pilot
We hope you have enjoyed this week's profile.
The people I profile are based on your suggestions. Please feel free to let me know who you would like to hear from or what you think about the segment.
You can e-mail me at email@example.com. or "like" me on Facebook .
I look forward to hearing from you!
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
President Barack Obama says Nelson Mandela earned his place in history through struggle, shrewdness, persistence and faith.