TAMPA - Are you ready for for this week's 10 Questions?
It's a fun online offering we publish every week featuring top newsmakers or community members. This is a way you can get to know them better.
I asked the viewers which member of the ABC Action News team they wanted to be profiled next on 10 questions.
An overwhelming number came back with Meredyth Censullo. So, here it is.
I must say, the answers to her questions had me smiling and tearful at the same time.
By reading them, Meredyth is the one who is the inspiration
1. What is your all time favorite movie or song?
Hmmm… that’s hard! The songs “Ghost” by The Indigo Girls, “Omaha” by Counting Crows and “If I Had Million Dollars” by Bare Naked Ladies all have special meaning for me for various reasons!
2. Do you have a Smartphone? If so, what's your favorite app?
- Yes, I have an iPhone 4 and it’s like an extension of my body! I’m not sure what I’d do without it. I have so many apps that I use daily it’s hard to pick a favorite, so here are the ones I use the most: Facebook, Twitter, iHeartRadio, Pandora, Words With Friends and of course the ABC Action News weather app!
3. Who do you count as your mentor(s)?
I wouldn't call him my mentor, but rather my hero. His name is Ken Schuler and I met him when I was a young reporter working in Virginia. I reported on a woman, Debbie Parker, who was dying of liver disease and who was in need of a liver transplant. Ken saw my story and called my television station.
He shared Debbie’s rare blood type, and volunteered to be tested as a living liver donor for her. They became the FIRST patients to undergo stranger-to-stranger living liver donor transplant IN THE WORLD! Because of Ken, a stranger was given another 10 years of life. He’s my inspiration and we’re friends to this day. I donate blood regularly and am on the liver donor registry.
4. What was your very first job?
My first job was at a clothing store called Watson’s in Rock Hill, SC (when I was in high school). I remember being given a talking to by my boss after a secret shopper gave me low scores because I was talking to my coworkers about prom. My first TV job was in tiny Victoria, Texas. I was the weekend weather anchor for the ABC and FOX affiliates there. I also reported during the week.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I’m incredibly impatient.
6. What do you consider your greatest success?
Cue the cheesy music: my husband! We have so much fun together.
7. Tell us something about you most people don't know?
I marched in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade in New York City! I was on my high school band’s colorguard.
8. If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would they be?
I miss my Mother, who passed away in 1999, terribly so I’d like to have dinner with her & my sister. I might invite Lady Gaga too.
9. What is in your fridge right now?
Fage 2% Greek yogurt. Its my bedtime snack every night (with Splenda mixed in).
10. If you could have a different career, other than what you're doing now, what would it be?
Is “professional cupcake taster” a career?
We hope you have enjoyed this week's profile and we want you to be a part of the buzz!
If there is someone you want to hear from, please contact me and I will reach out to the local celebrity. You can e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org. or find me on Facebook under Sarina Fazan News Personality and click the "Like" button.
News Anchor/Multimedia Journalist
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The lawyer for the woman who accused Florida State University quarterback Jameis Winston of sexually assaulting her is planning to make a statement in response to the charges being dropped. Briefing at 10 a.m.