TAMPA - Continuing our support of the Tampa Bay Lightning, we are featuring the first defenseman drafted by the team in it's inaugural season, Joe Reekie.
Number 29 is retired from hockey. But he is back in the arena these days, representing the players and their rights as a member of the National Hockey League Players Association.
He may have been a tough guy on the ice-- but wait until you hear what really challenges this tough guy in this week's 10 questions:
1. What is your all time favorite movie or song?
U2, Bad best song in the world
2.. Do you have a Smartphone? If so, what's your favorite app?
Yes, Blackberry. What is an app?
3. Who do you count as your mentor(s)?
My father, Gordon Reekie
4. What was your very first job?
Scrubbing pots on Canadian forces base, Victoria BC 5.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I wish I had more patience
6. What do you consider your greatest success?
Playing and surviving 17 years in the NHL, and of course my wife Susie and our five children
7. Tell us something about you most people don't know?
I am an avid chess player, and a PS3 war game hero
8. If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would they be?
My grandfather, I never had a chance to spend time with him as an adult, Bono refer to 1, does Peter Griffin count?
9. What is in your fridge right now?
Homemade lasagna, mashed potatoes, filet mignon. Who am I kidding, leftovers from last week, I've been traveling.
10. If you could have a different career, other than what you're doing now, what would it be? Greenhorn on the northwestern or a coach in the NHL
We hope you have enjoyed this week's profile.
We want you to be a part of the buzz!
If there is someone you want to hear from, please contact me and I will reach out to the local celebrity. You can e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org. or find me on Facebook under Sarina Fazan News Personality and click the "Like" button.
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Hernando County Sheriff's detectives are investigating the deaths of two people found in the Chassahowitzka Forest.