THE HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE RECRUITMENT & SCREENING SECTION
We are actively recruiting for the following positions:
Law Enforcement Deputy Trainee
Detention Deputy Trainee
Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) is amongst the 10 largest Sheriff’s Offices in the U.S. and is nationally accredited. The Sheriff's Office provides progressive law enforcement, detention, court security and 9-1-1 dispatch services for the more than 700,000 residents of unincorporated Hillsborough County, Florida. The agency is responsible for a jurisdiction of close to 1,000 square miles, and is ranked the ninth largest suburban county law enforcement agency in the nation. The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office operates on an annual budget of more than $300 million and employs more than 3,600 people, including more than 1230 sworn law enforcement deputies and 970 detention deputies. HCSO conducts police operations from a Sheriff's Operation Center, four uniformed Patrol districts and twenty-seven Community Stations located throughout the entire county.
Law Enforcement: Certified Salary $44,881.20 - $71,657.04
Detention Deputy: Certified Salary $44,335.20 - $66,808.56
• Health / Dental / Vision Plans / Sick Leave and Disability
• 13 Leave Options (Vacation, Holiday etc.)
• Education Incentive Pay up to $130 per Month
• Up to $150 a Month Language Incentive Pay • Paid Overtime & Court Time
• All Uniforms (except footwear) and firearms included (law enforcement)
• Take Home Car (Law Enforcement Deputies Only)
• Tuition Assistance up to $1,500 per Fiscal Year for a Bachelor’s Degree and up to $2,500 per Fiscal Year for a Master’s Degree
• Free 24 Hour Fitness Centers
• Deferred Compensation Plan (457) Available
• Florida State Retirement System
• Be 21 years of age or older.
• Be a United States Citizen.
• Applicant’s vision must meet Florida Drivers License requirements. Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Must possess a certified copy of a Birth Certificate.
• Must possess a Social Security card.
• Must pass the prescribed Physical Abilities Assessment (PAA)
• Must not have used any illegal drugs within 36 months of making application.
• Copy of military (Honorable) discharge, DD-214 (if applicable).
• Cannot have tattoos that are visible to the public while wearing the standard uniform of the day or Class A uniform (long sleeve).
• No use of tobacco products within the previous six (6) months of application.
• Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
• Must be of good moral character.
• No felony convictions. Law enforcement interaction involving perjury, false statements or domestic violence will be reviewed.
• Undergo criminal records check which includes fingerprints.
• Successfully pass a thorough background investigation.
• Must pass prescribed physical/medical examination.
• At the time of hire, must reside in Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk or Manatee County.
Law Enforcement Trainee
• 60 semester hours of study or equivalent Associates Degree from an accredited college, university, community college or 3 years active duty military
Detention Deputy Trainee
• Certified High School Diploma or GED or military
For further information go to www.joinhcso.com or call the Recruitment and Screening Section at 813.247.8070
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.