Recipe for Walnut Chocolate Pie:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Serves: 2 pies
2 prepared 9-inch pie shells (can be purchased at grocery store)
12 oz. chocolate semi-sweet, chopped (high quality is better)
12 oz. walnut halves or large pieces
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup corn syrup
1. Fill the pie shells first with a layer of chocolate and walnuts.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, flour, eggs, and corn syrup.
3. Pour this mixture over the nuts and chocolate.
4. Bake in a 350° F for 40 minutes or until well browned and solidified.
5. Let cool before slicing as it can be enjoyed either warm or room temperature.
Find more recipes on the Live Well network .
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
A wild animal's natural instinct is to steer clear of humans, but when a fox cub somehow got its head hopelessly stuck inside a glass jar, there seemed to be no other option than to seek a helping pair of human hands.