Recipe for Spicy Indian Meatballs
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 pound ground beef
¼ cup breadcrumbs
1 ½ teaspoons minced ginger
½ cup small diced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon whole fennel seed
1 teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon Garam Masala or curry powder
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 20 oz. can diced pineapple in juice, drained or fresh pieces of pineapple or mango
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Form small meatballs.
4. Place meatballs on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Place each meatball on a toothpick with a piece of pineapple.
7. Serve with raita.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Serves: 1 ½ cups
1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
½ cup finely diced cucumber
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Serve with meatball skewers.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines